To our dear patients:
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows and stays up to date with infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association and the CDC.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office may communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We will check your temperature when you come in for your visit.
- We have hand sanitizer and masks that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- Appointments and patient check-in/out will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We have opened up a second waiting room to maintain social distancing.
- Air purifiers have been installed in the waiting area, and each treatment room.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We will screen ourselves for COVID-19 symptoms daily.
We ask you to help us by doing the following:
- Wear a mask to our office if you have one.
- Avoid bringing companions or family members with you to your appointment if you feel comfortable coming alone.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make or check on an appointment, please call or text our office at our usual phone number 770-435-3100.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Hosaka, Kathy, Julie, Chandler, Ana, and Miki